Elections & Voting
General Voting Information
The Village of Howards Grove’s population estimate as of August 2017 is 3,227. We currently have 1,972 registered voters in the Village. Due to our population level, the Village has four wards, however, for voting purposes, all wards are combined at one polling place.
All voters in the Village of Howards Grove vote at the Howards Grove Community Center, 913 S. Wisconsin Drive, Howards Grove, located in the lower level of the Village Hall.
Polls open at 7:00 am and close at 8:00 pm for all elections.
PLEASE REMEMBER TO BRING YOUR PHOTO ID WITH YOU TO THE POLLS
All voters must be registered to vote in the State of Wisconsin. If you are not registered, please go to our Voter Registration page for details on how to register.
For the Village of Howards Grove, the following elections will be held in 2020:
- Spring Primary Election - February 18, 2020 Items on the ballot include: Justice of the State Supreme Court
- Spring Election and Presidential Preference Primary - April 7, 2020
- Partisan Primary - August 11, 2020
- General and Presidential - November 3, 2020
Village of Howards Grove 2019 Spring Election: Results from the Spring election (PDF).
If you are not currently registered to vote, the law changed a few steps related to how to register:
- You must be a resident of the municipality for 10 consecutive days.
- You may no longer use a corroborating witness to verify your residency.
- You must provide the most recent address at which you were previously registered to vote.
If you have any questions about the changes, please contact the Clerk/Treasurer’s office at 234-0304.
Village of Howards Grove residents will have to show poll workers their ID at all elections starting in 2016. If you do not have a photo ID:
The Wisconsin Department of Transportation provides free state ID cards for voting.
- Learn about getting a free Wisconsin ID card on the Wisconsin Department of Transportation website
- Learn about getting a free Wisconsin ID card even if you do not have a birth certificate
Acceptable Photo IDs (PDF)
Absentee Voting Information
If you are unable to come to the polls on Election Day, you may request an absentee ballot. There are two ways to vote absentee, either in-person in the Clerk’s Office or you can request a ballot be mailed to you.
In-person absentee voting is available for the two weeks prior to the election during regular office hours.
If you need an absentee ballot mailed to you, please complete the Absentee Ballot request form (PDF) print, sign, and return it to the Clerk’s Office as soon as possible but no later than by the Thursday before the election. Per State law, mailed requests must be received by that Thursday to be processed. A signed, written request is required. We cannot mail out a ballot on a verbal request. Your request should be mailed to:
Village of Howards Grove
913 S. Wisconsin Drive
Howards Grove, WI 53083
All absentee ballots should be returned as soon as possible to ensure they can be counted, and must be returned by 8:00 pm on Election Day to be counted.
If you have any questions about absentee voting, please contact the Clerk’s office at 920-234-0304.