The Village contracts with Advanced Disposal Services (formerly Veolia Environmental Services) for the collection of garbage and recyclables. Pickup day is Wednesday, unless a holiday falls on a Monday, Tuesday or Wednesday, then pickup day is Thursday. Please have your garbage and recyclables curbside by 6:45am.
To prevent your trash or recycling from being left at the curb, please follow proper trash-handling procedures, which have been established by Advanced Disposal Services, to comply with state law and to provide a safe work environment for their employees. Trash or recycling which does not comply will be tagged by Advanced Disposal's drivers, and left behind. Click here
for a sheet you can print out of proper trash handling guidelines.
Recyclables should be properly separated (see below) from garbage. Any recyclables not properly separated or garbage not in clear plastic bags may be refused for collection. All recyclables, including paper and cardboard, should be placed in blue recycling bags (cardboard may be in bags or bundled and tied). Recyclables should never be placed loose at curbside.
Please note that violations of the Village's recycling ordinance can lead to fines of $25 to $500 for each offense.
Can that be placed curbside??
- Construction debris, concrete and rubble must be disposed of at the owner's expenses through private contracting.
- Empty oil, lacquer and latex paint cans should be allowed to dry out and then may be placed with the other garbage.
- Oil filters and blacktop seal cans can be placed with the garbage.
- Cooking oil can be placed in a sealed can or jar and placed in the garbage.
- Light bulbs (except florescent), mirrors, window glass, ceramic and china can be placed in the garbage.
- Lids from jars, bottles or other containers should be placed in the garbage.